Thursday, January 19, 2012

What's next?

I've gone from being a non-runner (okay, non-active at all) to having completed two half marathons in the past year. I need to figure out what my next goal is going to be so I don't slip back into a sedentary lifestyle. I definitely want to do the 100 pushup challenge, but I'm thinking of finding a sprint distance triathlon to do and start training for that. A sprint distance is a half mile swim, 12 mile bike ride, and a 5K run. I think the swimming would be the hardest part for me because I'm just not a good swimmer. Although my husband wasn't either and then he did the Alcatraz Shark Swim, so I'm sure I could prepare for it. My friend Dani did a sprint tri awhile back and gave me the website she used to find it. They have one at the end of April I'm thinking maybe I'll sign up for once more info is available about it. And after I research training plans to make sure I give myself enough time.

1 comment:

  1. Let's coordinate the 100 push up challenge with our gym time. I've been wanting to try it too.

    ReplyDelete