Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Swimming Week Two

Today was Week Two, Day One of the swim a mile in six weeks plan. It started with a 200 meter swim (four laps in the pool at my gym), then repeated last week's 4x100, 4x50, and 4x25 routine. I was a little nervous about the 200m for a few reasons. One, there were days last week that just the 100s were tough to do, so doubling that without stopping seemed daunting. Also I have a cold that hit me full force over the weekend, so exercising in general sounded awful.

Jen and I met at the gym at 6:00 this morning and got in the pool. Neither of us were feeling it and were tempted to get in the hot tub instead, but I finally said that I didn't get up at 5:30 to go sit in the hot tub, so we got started. After the 200m was done, I said to her I was surprised that it really wasn't hard. I was a bit worried I'd lose track of my laps, but that wasn't the case at all.

The rest of the workout was tough in spots, mostly because I had to stop and cough pretty often because of this darn cold. And the 25m at the end were HARD. I take it as a sign of a good workout, though. I always feel the last few of whatever you're doing should be hard or you either haven't worked hard or long enough. I was very glad to be done, though. All in all it was a good swim.

Now I really need to decide on a triathlon training program. Do I do 12 weeks or 8? I need to review both of them and decide today. The tri is 12 weeks from this past Sunday, so if I'm going to do 12 weeks of training I need to start now. My friend Dani is doing an 8 week program, my husband is doing 12. Ugh! I've put it off for too long and need to decide now!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know which tri training you are gonna do and I'll do it with you. I'm 90% sure I'm going to register for the sprint tri...I just need to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete