Monday, April 2, 2012

Tri training update

I think I'm something like six weeks out from the sprint tri on Mother's Day. I'm really panicking about it. I know I'm capable of doing each leg on its own...swim 400 meters? Sure! Bike 12 miles? Definitely, I just did it this past Saturday. Run a 5K? No problem. But putting them together and having the transitions in between? I'm going to be a freakin' basket case as it gets closer. I'm really nervous about the run because every time I've tried to run after biking (albeit every time was going from a spin bike at the gym to running on a treadmill), my calf muscles have cramped up. It has me very worried. THe husband thinks I need more electrolytes (it is what plants crave, so maybe my muscles crave it too), so I may try having some Gatorade on my bike ride before I run. This weekend I have slated an eight mile bike ride followed by a one mile run, so we'll see how that goes for me. I'm not super concerned about the transition from swim to bike, I kind of view that as mostly having to remember everything I need to take on the bike. I'm going to wear a tri shirt and tri shorts, so I'll just be able to grab what I need, get on the bike, and go. I'm just worried that my legs are going to give out on the run or cramp up and I won't be able to do anything. Ugh! I also need to review official triathlon rules so I don't end up getting disqualified for some silly little thing that I should have known.

No comments:

Post a Comment