Monday, November 14, 2016

Today is the day

As of last Thursday, I have four months until I turn 40.  FOUR MONTHS.  I stepped on the scale this morning after quite some time of having not gotten on the scale, and it was a scary wake up call.  I could tell from the way I look and feel that it wasn't going to be a good number.  I mean, it wasn't crazy bad, but it wasn't good.  I had already decided that I needed to come up with a consistent work out plan.  I kept meaning to find one online but never made actually searching for one a priority.  So I've decided to do P90X again.  I had great results with it when I did it a few years ago.  I'm going to add in some swimming workouts at the gym, too, and I think I'll do the yoga class I like at the gym instead of the P90X yoga video.  I need to take my "before" pictures and measurements today, but I'm pretty scared.  My friend Erica suggested not even looking at the pictures until I have some to compare them to after having done the program for awhile.

Of course, as I sit here typing this yearning to be fit and not want to throw up every time I see myself naked, I'm snacking on Chex Mix.  What is wrong with me?!  Partly I just love Chex Mix and partly we're low on groceries until I go to the store tomorrow, so my choices are pretty slim.  I've gotten in a bad habit of being pretty good during the week, but then on the weekends I tend to go nuts eating and drinking.  My husband has been traveling a lot for work, so I feel like our weekends have turned in to extra party time since he's home.  He's feeling the same "ugh" that I am lately, so hopefully we can work together (on the rare occasions he's home) to both get to where we want to be.

I really would love to be super smokin' hot for my 40th birthday.  Wouldn't that just be awesome to be in the best shape of your life for the dreaded birthday?  I know I can have good results with this workout plan.  I do need to make meal planning and healthy food choices a higher priority, but I think the ticking time bomb of knowing I have less than four months will be a good motivator.

My Chex Mix snack is all gone, so I guess that means I should go eat the frog and get these pictures, measurements, fitness test, and first workout out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment