Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Before and After

I know it's been awhile since I've updated, and I need to do a good long entry about what's been going on, but first I need to share these pictures. I had been lamenting the fact that I didn't really take any "before" pictures when I started on my weight loss journey. I'm going on a scrapbooking weekend in a few weeks with some friends and was going through pictures today to figure out what to print. I came across a folder of pictures of my kids playing outside and there were some from two summers ago when we were all playing on a slip & slide. I honestly almost threw up in my mouth a little. I shudder to think what I'd look like in this if I was actually standing up. Rolls of back fat? Ugh. I sent this to my husband and he replied "Were you pregnant?" Double ugh.


This was taken on August 10th, 2009. I really have no idea what I weighed then, but my cousin's wedding was days before that, and I think that was right around when I tried to really get serious about losing weight. I'm guessing I was around 187 or 185. Here was a picture of me (fully dressed) at my cousin's wedding...I didn't think I looked that bad but I sure do in the above picture!


I guess it's kind of hard to see what I look like exactly.

We just got back from vacation, and here's a picture of me (and my family) taken a few days ago:


Wow!! I'm pretty astonished.

1 comment: