Monday, July 25, 2011

Fit Claire, here I come!

After our vacation last month I've had a really hard time getting back on the exercise bandwagon. I've stuck with my running training, but I haven't been overly excited for it. I think the last few miles of our 11 mile run really did me in. Before we left on our trip I was weighing in at 158 or 159 every day. We took our scale with us on our trip to monitor our weights while we were gone so we didn't come home and find out we'd each gained 10 pounds or something awful like that. I came home weighing 162 which wasn't bad, but then after slacking on exercising and not really paying attention to what I ate (or rather, portions of what I ate) I have yet to break back under 160. I don't like being in the 160s anymore--I want to be back in the 150s and hover closer to 155 than 160.

Last week I was feeling especially squishy, and I decided I needed to get my ass in gear and start working out hard again. So I did. I even worked out alone on Thursday and Friday. it wasn't nearly as fun as being at the gym with my group of friends that I work out with, but I went and did it and had a great work out each day. I was so loving the muscle definition I was starting to get before we went on our trip, and I worry that some of that's already gone because I've been slacking. I'll probably have to figure out a new routine in a couple weeks when my oldest starts kindergarten, but that's not a big deal and I still plan on working out six days a week. I'm hoping I can follow a schedule like this:

Monday: weights and interval cardio
Tuesday: weights and 30 minute run
Wednesday: yoga
Thursday: 30 minute run (maybe weights, maybe kickboxing some weeks)
Friday: weights and interval cardio
Saturday: long run (3+ miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment