Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Total Miles

I just walked past my training schedule on the side of my fridge and was curious how many miles I've ran while training for my half marathon. I don't have an exact number because I didn't always use a tracking app when I ran on the treadmill. I've since started using the Nike Plus app for treadmill runs. I used it for a three mile run outside to see how it compared, and I found it to be inaccurate in my distance. Three miles is a distance I do often enough that I know the exact points where I hit 1.5 miles and turn around and when I hit three miles once I'm back in my neighborhood. This was off by 0.10, which I think is pretty significant. Normally I use the Run Keeper app for my outdoor runs. I really like it, and it syncs to a website so you can see all sorts of great information about your run once you're done.

So my rough estimate of miles ran in preparing for my upcoming half marathon:

194.5

Yowza!!! That's a lot of mileage! Granted it's probably a little higher because there were some 30 minute runs here and there that I didn't do, but I'd say it's off by no more than 8 miles total. Wow!! That's amazing!! And really by the end of this week it will actually be right around 200 since I'll do 2.5 tomorrow, and I think we're doing three miles this weekend.

Wow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment