Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Four days!!

My youngest son and I have stayed home today because he has a nasty cold, and I wanted us to have a day to just hang out and relax. I've gotten stuff done around the house all morning, so while he's napping I decided to do some Googling on my upcoming race. I've been pretty anxious about it, but just in the last day or two I've started to get excited. Like really excited. In my searching, I came across a video of the race from two years ago. In watching it, I cannot wait to cross that finish line!!

Running 13.1 miles is something I never, ever thought I would do. And I would have never, ever thought I'd be excited to do it. I've hated running my whole life, and now I love it. I'm so amazed at how far I've come since starting to run at the beginning of this year. I was reading back through old blog posts and laughed to myself when I said something about struggling to run five minutes in a row.

I'm so freakin' excited!

Here's the video in case you're interested:

No comments:

Post a Comment