Monday, January 17, 2011

Disneyland, here I come!

I've decided to run a half marathon with my BFF Jen and our friend Michelle. And maybe some other friends as well, but so far it's the three of us talking about it. Jen had mentioned the Disneyland half marathon this coming September. I've decided to set it as a goal for myself.

I'm loving the Couch to 5K program and find that running each day is easier than the day before. I don't know why I didn't just stick with this program last year when I wanted to start running. I'm not signing up for the race yet, I want to make sure I can do a 5K or comparable without dying first. We've found a race in April that we're probably going to sign up for, Pat's Run that benefits the Pat Tillman Foundation. It's actually a 4.2 mile run, not a 5K, but if I can run a 5K I should be able to run another mile, right? Let's hope so. So if that goes well, I think I'll sign up for the Disneyland one. How cool will it be to run through Disneyland?! I'll just have to fight the urge to get on any rides.

I wonder if I should invest in something like this for the race:

1 comment: