Monday, January 17, 2011

Hello, wagon, I need to hop back on

Oh man...what a few days of food I've had. It all started Thursday morning. We had a birthday breakfast party for January birthdays in my MOMS Club group, and I swear it was a total carb fest. The only non-carb was lil' smokies and even though those aren't a really healthy source of protein, and they were wrapped in crescent rolls. Note to self: going forward take an egg and meat dish. I don't even remember what all I ate, but it was all carbs. And not good carbs either...starchy, white bread and potato type carbs. So then of course all I wanted the rest of the day was carbs. I caved some since I figured I'd already blown it, but in hindsight I should have had more willpower...recognized I had too many and stopped there instead of continuing to indulge. Saturday I went to my friend Gina's baby shower, and although I didn't eat a whole lot, I did have a mimosa and a few glasses of wine. At least it was red wine, which has fewer carbs than white. Saturday night was our Thanksgiving 2.2 feast at my house. You can't have a Thanksgiving dinner without carbs (and wine). I already knew Saturday was a lost cause. I did okay yesterday aside from having the leftover stuffing for lunch. Then today I was (easily) talked into going for burritos for lunch at a local Mexican restaurant. Sigh. I did only eat half my burrito at least.

My goal for the rest of the week is healthy carbs and lean proteins. I took the time this morning to cook myself some eggs before going to the gym, so two scrambled eggs and some Greek yogurt with just a hint of fruit in it were a great protein rich breakfast. I need to see what vegetables we have on hand to go with dinner tonight so I can load up on veggies along with the chicken I'm planning on making.

Stupid processed, bad carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment