Monday, February 7, 2011

I like running?

I got up at the ass crack of dawn this morning to run. Actually I don't think it was even dawn yet as it was still dark. And cold. And quiet. As much as I don't like getting up super early with my kids, I don't mind it if it's for something I'm doing for myself, like time alone without them awake or doing something like going for a run. Plus my neighborhood is so quiet. Not that it's usually loud, but it's different when most of the houses are dark and there aren't any other people out or cars driving around.

Anyway, I decided to redo Week 5 Day 1 of my Couch to 5K program since I hadn't been running since last Tuesday. I knew that Day 2 was going to be eight straight minutes of running, and since it had been awhile I didn't want to jump straight into that. Halfway through my run I was wishing I would have because I was having a really easy time of it! My breathing was fine, not labored or panting, I wasn't getting tired towards the end of the running segments, I was kind of itching to run again by the time the walk segments were done. So apparently I like running now! I was pretty excited when I realized it because that should make going forward a lot easier. I was pretty proud of myself, too. I'm even looking forward to getting up Wednesday and Friday mornings to go run. Weird!! Friday's run is a five minute warm-up, 20 minutes straight of running, then a five minute walking cool-down. Yikes. I talked to my friend Michelle at the gym today, and she said that she and Jen ran four miles yesterday, they'd run a mile then walk a quarter mile. So if Michelle can do that, I should be able to run 20 minutes straight right? I'm just worried I'm going to get bored running in my neighborhood. Since it's still dark when I go I like to stay inside the confines of my neighborhood so I'm a bit safer, but 20 minutes straight running through the streets here might get boring. Maybe I'll try a new route to liven things up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment