Thursday, February 17, 2011

What have I done?!

I've signed up to run a half marathon, that's what. Yikes. I'm still kind of in disbelief that I did it. Jen, Michelle, and I have been talking about doing the Disneyland Half Marathon over Labor Day weekend. Michelle and I were keyed up to start running after going and cheering for Jen at the Rock and Roll Marathon last month. Jen checked the other day and found out the marathon was already 65% full. Her sweet husband went ahead and signed her up for it. I was hemming and hawing about whether or not I wanted to do it. I mean, I'm only on week 7 (out of 9) of Couch to 5K and the most I've run continuously is 1.5 miles. I really wanted to have at least run a 5K if not a 10K before I had to register for the half marathon.

When I was running yesterday morning I kept going back and forth on whether or not I should just sign up for it or not. I still hadn't decided. My husband said I should, that he had just signed up for the Alcatraz swim without being able to actually swim the whole distance, but I still wasn't sure. Jen posted on Facebook that she'd registered (or rather her husband had registered her), and John replied that he was thinking of just signing me up for it to make me train and get ready. I didn't really want it to come to that, so I went ahead and registered for it yesterday. Yikes!

I'm excited and nervous. The race is a little more than six months away, so I have time to train for it--the bummer is just that I have to train over the summer which means running in HOT weather. A friend told me about a summer race series that I'll probably do to keep practicing, so that will help. I'll just have to get up at the ass crack of dawn and go running before it gets hot. That will just mean I can nap in the afternoon, right? It will definitely be cool to be able to say I've run a half marathon, so here's hoping I can actually do it!

1 comment:

  1. I have every intention to start running again someday & every time I read your blog I get more & more motivated!

    Following you from

    http://www.journeythroughmommyhood.blogspot.com

    I love your blog & have nominated you for the Stylish Blogger Award!

    Check it out on my page :)

    ReplyDelete