Sunday, September 18, 2011

5k PR!

Well, it was only my second 5K so the fact that I set a PR isn't that surprising. My previous 5K that I ran in May was a time of 38:25, an average pace of 12:02. I decided last night I wanted to shave at least three minutes off of that and get my time around 35:00. I ran with the husband who usually averages about a 10:30 pace. I was nervous I wouldn't be able to keep up, but I also didn't want to slow him down. Let me tell you how surprised I was when my app came on after five minutes and said I was running at a 10:37 pace! Wow!! My average pace for the entire race ended up being 10:47 and my total time was 32:22. Yup, I shaved six minutes off my time! I was pretty pleased with myself, I have to say. I don't think at this point I could have sustained that pace for a much longer run, but it does give me hope for my next half marathon in January that I could potentially average a pace closer to 11:00.

1 comment:

  1. You did awesome...I'm so proud of you! That is a fantastic time!!!!

    ReplyDelete