Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 2

Today seemed to be easier, but I also had a lot more food choices because I made it to Costco today and was able to get what I needed for my meal plan and snacks. Yesterday was a real struggle because I had to postpone Costco because of a sick kid, so pretty much nothing on my meal plan worked for lunch, dinner, and snacks. I ate a lot of ham and cheese roll-ups and cottage cheese.

I think my biggest hurdle in this first two week period (Phase 1) is going to be remembering not to take bites of what my kids are eating. Yesterday I slipped up and had two tiny pieces of fruit from my son's fruit cup, and today I had a sip of my son's lemonade. Not too bad in the grand scheme of things I guess. As soon as I took the sip of lemonade today I realized I wasn't supposed to have it; yesterday it was awhile before I realized about the fruit.

Costco itself was a bit of a struggle because of all the samples and my kids like to eat lunch there. Thankfully I evaluated everything before just mindlessly eating whatever it was. One of the samples was smoked salmon on a cracker, so I gave the kids the crackers while I ate the salmon. I had planned on eating lunch when I got home, but I was starving. I had a hot dog and just tossed the bun. It was hard to not take a bite of my oldest's pizza slice.

I took my measurements yesterday but still need to take a before picture. I debated redoing the weight and measurements today because I really indulged Tuesday so I figure the numbers might be a bit elevated. Oh well, it will just look like I've lost that much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment