Tuesday, March 22, 2011

back in the no carb saddle again

I've decided that in an effort to get down to my goal weight of 165, I'm going back to Phase One of the South Beach Diet for two weeks. the husband is doing it with me so he can try to finally break under 200 pounds. We started yesterday, and somehow it was a lot easier than I remember it being any other time. I did forget once and had a handful of popcorn my oldest was eating while we watched a movie (mmmm...salty, buttery popcorn...), but I thought that was pretty good for only slipping up once on my first day. And it's something that's allowed in Phase Two, so I didn't feel too badly about it. I planned out three meals for each day and snacks, so I'm hoping that helps. Today I need to do some food preparing so we're ready for the rest of the week...some egg muffin things for breakfasts, and I'm going to make up a batch of black bean soup that will be good for lunches. Lunch is what I struggle with the most, especially for what I can send along with my husband, so I really need to be good about planning those out.

No comments:

Post a Comment