Sunday, March 27, 2011

Frustrated

So I'm one week in to Phase One of the South Beach Diet, and I'm down seven pounds. But I'm up 0.2 pounds from yesterday. Plus my starting weight was slightly inflated since it was post vacation and post carb binge. My weight had been hovering between 170 and 172 pre-vacation, and this morning I weighed in at 169, compared to 168.8 yesterday. So really I feel like I've hardly lost anything at all, and I'm really annoyed. I'm just so tired of being stuck around 170. I really want to get down to 165 so if I do have a bad couple days with a swing of 1-3 pounds I'm still in the 160s. is that too much to ask?! Honestly I expected to be at 165 by this point in Phase One and kind of secretly hoped I'd be down in the low 160s by the time the two weeks were done. Why am I depriving myself so much if it's not even doing that much? Granted I did cheat a little last night and had a glass of wine, but my husband has been having wine all week and still dropping weight. He even went out drinking with a buddy last night and was down almost a pound this morning. WTF?! What is wrong with my body that I can't just get to the weight I want to be? I'm really annoyed, and it's shaping up to make today a very grumpy day. Why the fuck should I keep denying myself carbs for another week when it's barely being effective?

Here's to hoping that my ranting and pessimism somehow leads to me dropping 4+ pounds in the course of the next week. I hate being a fat ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment