Tuesday, March 22, 2011

marathon anxiety

So I'll be honest. I'm starting to freak out about my upcoming half marathon. It's still more than five months away, but when I was typing out a training schedule, the idea that I'm going to run 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 miles really freaked me out. I mean, that's insane, right?! To run that far?! Why run that far when you could just drive? I think it's about 13 miles from my house to the airport. I'd never run to the airport!! But, I've signed up and paid the money to run 13 miles through Disneyland and Anaheim, so I have to do it. Granted I haven't even really started training for it officially, but I'm still freaked out. The most I've run so far is 30 minutes straight, which honestly I'm pretty pleased with considering January 1st I couldn't run at all.

We actually just got back from a trip to southern California, and we spent a day at Disneyland. It was crazy to think that the next time I'm there I'll be running through it. But it did kind of get me excited for it. I mean, really, how cool is it to get to run through Disneyland?!?! Okay, not as cool as spending the day there riding the rides, but it's still something not many have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment