Thursday, May 21, 2009

May 21, 2009

I'm not really sure how I want to do this. List out my food for the day? What I did for exercise? Thoughts for the day? I'll figure it out as I go, I guess. I set up some goals by date/trip, but I'm not sure how realistic they are. Forty pounds seems a lot to lose by the end of the year. Really I want to be down by 20 pounds by our big October trip. Hmmm...maybe I'll redo the goals based on those.

So, here's what I ate today...

Breakfast
Container of light lemon yogurt
Breakfast burrito in whole wheat tortilla with Egg Beaters and potatoes

Lunch
Salad with chicken, craisins, blue cheese, walnuts, and raspberry vinagrette (dressing on the side)

Dinner
Mexican chicken (chicken breast with salsa and 2 Tbsp reduced fat cheddar cheese)
Yellow rice and black beans
Glazed carrots

Snacks
Handful multi-grain Tostitos
Three Trader Joe's oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (they're little!!)

The only exercise I did today was walking around the botanical gardens, which was by no means aerobic, but I was pushing a stroller with two kids on it, so I figure that counts for something.

I have a problem with snacking later in the day. I've always known that's my dieting downfall, but I'm not sure how to combat it. I like to have a little something sweet after dinner, and I usually snack while I'm cooking dinner. I need to come up with a solution for those two things. I really liked my breakfast this morning--I like breakfasts that are high protein and/or high fiber because it keeps me full for longer. We ended up eating lunch out with my mom today at Rainforest Cafe, but I feel like I made an okay decision, especially getting the dressing on the side. They brought me probably 1/2 to 2/3 cup of salad dressing on the side, and I used maybe one tablespoon. After dinner I kept taking bites of the rice and beans, but when I looked on the package I saw that there were only 2.5 servings, so I didn't feel quite so bad especially since the beans add extra fiber to it.

Tomorrow we're going to the mall with my mom and aunt, so I'm sure we'll have another lunch out. I've already looked up what restaurants are there and have an idea of what I could get that would be healthy regardless of where we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment