Friday, May 29, 2009

lost cause?

Today is my friend Jen A's birthday, and we had a lunch party here in her honor. I totally over-indulged. We had pizza (Little Ceasar's, which after looking up the nutritional info actually isn't that unhealthy), ceasar salad, crazy bread, cookies, and cake. I had three pieces of pizza. I know, I know...I was weak. I had a lot of salad, though, and not a lot of dressing on it. I cut a piece of cake for Will (so it was pretty small) but someone already had one for him, so I ate the small piece. I was kind of bummed because had I known, I would have given myself a bigger piece, but it worked out well. My friend JoEllen left some of the cookies she brought, and I've had a couple through the course of the afternoon because they're sitting out on the counter. Oh, and I didn't exercise this morning because I needed to finish cleaning house for the party, although I did clean up the backyard and patio and vacuummed the downstairs of my house, so I figure those things count as some activity at least.

So, I'm wondering if today is a lost cause or if I should try and get back on track with dinner. The husband and I are going to have dinner after the boy goes to bed, and I'm still trying to decide what we should have. He suggested grilled pizza, which does sound good, but we always over-indulge when we do that for dinner. My friend Jenn left the rest of the salad here, so I could have a big plate of salad before starting on the pizza so it fills me up more and I eat more of that than pizza. We'll see what I decide.

Update: We did end up grilling pizza. We had mushroom and black olive which is my absolute FAVORITE pizza. I made up a huge salad to eat before I ate my pizza, so I only had two pieces, which is pretty good I think. The husband went a little overboard putting the cheese on the pizza, but other than that it was a pretty healthy pizza. We make our own dough, so I know it's pretty healthy, and I ended up making my own sauce as well because I didn't have any on hand (downside of making my own pasta sauce I guess), so I threw a can of diced tomatoes into the food processor and added some Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and crushed red pepper. I really need to make sure we always have salad on hand because eating a big salad along with dinner really helps me avoid over-eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment